Meet Our Brilliant Minds
Meet our Board of Directors, get to know their biographies and their outstanding achievements.
Barr. Dr. Taiwo Afolabi (MON)
Barr. (Dr.) Taiwo Olayinka Afolabi, born in Ondo to the family of Chief & Chief (Mrs.) Samson Afolabi, is a native of Idokunusi, Ijebu in the Ijebu East Local Government Area of Ogun State. He started his educational pursuit at Ansar ud Deen Primary School in Ondo and proceeded to Baptist Grammar School, Ibadan where he obtained his West African School Certificate (WASC).
His quest to attain high level of academic excellence and leadership in advocacy, led him to the University of Lagos, where he obtained the degree in Law. He became a member of the Noble profession when he was called to the Nigerian Bar by the Body of Benchers on Wednesday, 4th November, 2009. He began his working career with a shipping outfit, THE NIGERIAN EXPRESS AGENCIES LIMITED (NEAL).
He became an outstanding young manager in Shipping Operation and Ports Management before travelling abroad to study Shipping Management. Barr. (Dr.) Taiwo Afolabi came back and worked with the same company as its Head of Operations. However, because of his burning desire and passion for the development of the maritime sector, he left NEAL in 1988 to establish his own company – SIFAX NIGERIA LIMITED.
Sifax, as it is now popularly known, has become a leader in ports, shipping and bonded terminal operation, and an institution in Shipping and Maritime service sector with offices in Tema Ghana, Durban South Africa, Houston USA, Rotterdam Belgium and London United Kingdom. Presently, new avenues are being opened in Djibouti and Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.
In addition, Sifax scored another first recently by diversification into the aviation sector in the recently concluded privatization by the Bureau of Public Enterprises by bidding and eventually taking over the prestigious Skypower Aviation Handling Company Ltd. through its subsidiary, Skyway Aviation Handling Company Limited.
Dr. Taiwo Afolabi, a professional maritime logistician and an erudite businessman, has attended several courses, seminars and workshops on Ports Operations and Management and other several maritime courses both locally and overseas.
He is a seasoned maritime consultant and Fellow of various Institutes, amongst which are: The Nigerian Institute of Financial Management (FIFM), The Nigerian Institute of Freight Forwarders of Nigeria (FIFF), The Certified Institute of Shipping (CIS), The Nigerian Institute of Shipping (NIS), Port & Terminal Management Academy of Nigeria (of which he is also the Chairman), The Certified Board of Administrators of Nigeria (CBAN), The Nigerian Society of Maritime Researchers. He is currently the Chairman of Port & Terminal Management Academy of Nigeria.
Dr. Afolabi’s hard work, deep sense of corporate social responsibilities, meritorious service and philanthropic gestures to the maritime industry and the society at large have been acknowledged by many institutions as demonstrated in the harvest of awards bestowed on him and his organization, some of which are as follows:
- Maritime Quality Service Award (MQSA) 1997, in recognition of his quality of service delivery by his company;
- Men of Achievement Award 1998, in recognition of his achievements considering his age in business at that time;
- ECOWAS International Gold Award 1999, in recognition of his contributions to business enterprise within the ECOWAS sub-region;
- Society Role Model and Corporate Gold Award 2004, from Center for
International Legal Co-operation and Democratic Development, in recognition of his strict adherence to laws of the land guiding his business and personal relationships;
- Millennium Corporate Achievers Gold Award from International
School of Aviation “THE AFRICAN PRIDE” in recognition of his innovation in the maritime sector of the economy;
- The “MOST DYNAMIC SHIPPING COMPANY” of the Year 2005
by Freight Forwarders Association of Nigeria, in recognition of his company’s competence amongst others in the Shipping sector;
- Achievers Award presented by Ondo State Government in 2006, in recognition of his Business acumen and achievement in the country;
- The Distinguished Nation-Builders Merit award (DINBMA 2007) by
Complete Success Magazine, in recognition of his contribution to the economy and the nation in general;
- Rotary Appreciation Award 2007 by Rotary Club of Surulere South, Lagos, in recognition of his contribution to humanity;
- Developmental Achievers in Nigeria 2007 by Times News Magazine, in recognition of his numerous achievements in the economy;
- Lions Club International Merit Award 2008, in recognition of his service to humanity.
- Meritorious Diamond Award for National Development presented by Corporate & Media Africa Communications Limited on 6th December, 2008, in recognition of his contributions to the Socio-economic Development of Nigeria through is field of endeavour.
- Man of the Year presented at the Ogun Awards on 16th December, 2008 in recognition of his sterling achievement in his chosen career and immense contribution to his motherland.
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2008 presented on 22nd March, 2009 at the Excellence Recognition Awards in recognition of his contributions to the social and economic development of the country.
- 2009 Nigerian National Integrity Award with the induction into the INTEGRITY HALL OF FAME on 14th May, 2009 by Hero Communications & Co.
- Most Innovative Entrepreneur Award presented on Sunday, 24th May, 2009 at the Transport Development Excellence Award 2009 by Trans Quest Media Concepts.
- Merit Award presented by Ilese Community Development Association on behalf of the people of Ilese Ijebu in appreciation of his consistency and commitment to the development and progress of Ilese Ijebu on Saturday, 29th July, 2009.
- Dynamism in Maritime Industry Award presented at the Lifetime Achievement Awards held on Friday, 25th September, 2009.
- Excellence Award for his integrity and contribution to global economic development & service to mankind presented by Egbeda Lions Club on 25th October, 2009
- Maritime Gold Award of integrity and commitment of the year 2009 presented by Maritime Watch on 19th November, 2009.
- Certificate of Merit presented by the League of Maritime Editors for landmark Contributions to the growth of the Nigerian Maritime Industry on 16th December, 2010.
- Appreciation Award presented by Rotary International District 9110, Nigeria for his contribution to the success of the 2011 District 9110 Rotary Foundation Dinner/Dance Ball on 25th February, 2011.
- Ecowas Super Brands Business Awards 2011 as Ecowas Business Man of the Year 2011.
- Rotary International District 9110, Nigeria Distinguished Service Award given on 16th July, 2011.
- League of Maritime Editors Award of Foremost Entrepreneur of Maritime Industry on 29th November, 2011.
- Induction into the Member of West Africa Students Union (WASU) Hall of Fame 2011.
- Award for contribution to the growth of the Maritime Industry in Nigeria by WISTA NIGERIA on 4th December, 2011.
- Special Recognition Award for Business at the 15th City People Awards for Excellence on Saturday, 5th May, 2012.
- Certificate of Merit presented by WAI Brigade Nigeria, Apapa Area Command in appreciation and recognition towards the success in combating indiscipline and corruption in the society on Saturday, 5th May, 2012.
- Certificate of Recognition presented by the Nigerian Youth Movement in recognition and appreciation of his selfless service and meritorious service to Nigeria and humanity towards sustainable growth and development in Nigeria on Monday, 22nd October, 2012.
- Award for Outstanding Leadership in Nation Building and Development presented by the Nigerian Youth Movement on Monday, 22nd October, 2012.
- Recognition and Appreciation Award as an Outstanding Shipping/Logistics Company presented by the Nigerian Chamber of Shipping on Tuesday, 11th December, 2012.
- Award at the Night of 100 Stars in recognition of his resounding accomplishments, inherent spirit of resilience and domineering status as one of Nigeria’s most enterprising stars courtesy The Businessmen Journal on Thursday, 13th December, 2012.
- Distinguished Gold Service Award for Excellence in Maritime Services and induction as Honorary Distinguished Member of the Centre for Democratic Governance in African of the Africa Democratic Governance Lecture/Excellence Award held on Tuesday, 11th June, 2013 at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Most Distinguished Marine Stakeholder Award presented by the Maritime Reporters’ Association of Nigeria on 12th December, 2013 for his huge investments in the Maritime Sector.
- Nigeria Outstanding Leadership Award presented by the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) on 12th March, 2014 in recognition of his contribution towards development of Maritime Industry, Socio Economy, as well as his humanitarian service to mankind.
- National Evergreen Merit Award for the Man of the Year 2013 presented by the People’s Forum Newspapers on 27th March, 2014 for his contributions to the growth of indigenous shipping in Nigeria.
- Africa Distinguished Gold Service Award (Excellence in Business) presented at the Centre for Democratic Governance in Africa Lecture/Global Award Nite held on Wednesday, 7th May, 2014 at the Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Outstanding Maritime Personality of the Year 2014 presented at the Leadership Awards for African Achievers in recognition of his Towering Stature and Outstanding Contributions and Achievements in the Maritime Industry in Nigeria on Sunday, 1st June, 2014 at the Balmoral Hall, Ikeja, Lagos.
His company was the leader of the consortium that bidded for and won Port Harcourt Ports Terminal “A” in 2006. His company also won the concession of Tin Can Island Ports Terminal ‘C’.
Dr. Taiwo Afolabi is an Icon in maritime sector, and an industrial plutocrat of our time; one of the frontline advocates of the local content initiatives and indigenous participation in Nigeria shipping business who has continued to create jobs and opportunities for human wellbeing and sense of security. That was why he was conferred with a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration by Cornerstone University and Theological Seminary, Jerusalem, Israel and USA.
Similarly, at the 8th Convocation Ceremony of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso which took place on Wednesday, 23rd April, 2008, he was conferred with the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Technology (Honoris Causa).
Also, at the congregation for the award of Honorary Doctorate Degree, Honoris Causa, which took place on Saturday, 11th July, 2009, he was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Arts Honoris Causa (Hon. D.A.) by the European-American University, Dominica for his outstanding contributions to academics and to the advancement of humanity in general.
Furthermore, at the congregation for the award of Honorary Doctorate Degree, Honoris Causa, which took place in Dubai, United Arabs Emirate in July, 2010, he was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Arts Honoris Causa (Hon. D.A.) by the Commonwealth University, Belize.
In addition, in recognition of his contribution to the growth and spread of Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC) in Western Ports Police Command Lagos, he was recently elected as the Grand Patron.
He is also the patron of many other organizations amongst which are YOMAFA, Freight Forwarders Academy of Nigeria, Actors Guild of Nigeria, Maritime Reporters Association of Nigeria, etc.
He is a member of the Institute of Directors Nigeria; Ikoyi Club 1938; IBB Golf Club, Abuja; the Building Committee of the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce and Industry, amongst many others.
He was a member of the Delegation of the Presidential Working visit to the UK from 16th to 18th July, 2008.
His contributions to the development of co-operation between Nigeria and the Republic of Djibouti was recognized when on 1st July, 2010, Dr. (Barr.) Taiwo Olayinka Afolabi was appointed the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Djibouti at the Federal Republic of Nigeria with jurisdiction over the whole territory of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and full power and authority by His Excellency Ismail Omah Guelleh, President of the Republic of Djibouti. He is currently the President of the Nigerian Association of Consuls.
To cap it all, on the 22nd of July, 2010, Dr. Taiwo Olayinka Afolabi, was conferred with the prestigious honour of Member of the Order of the Niger (MON) by His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCRF, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in recognition of his outstanding virtues and meritorious services to his motherland, Nigeria.
At the recently concluded Meeting of the Board of The World Federation of Consuls (FICAC) held in Kingston, Jamaica between Wednesday, 23rd and Monday, 28th January, 2013, Dr. Taiwo Afolabi was elected as follows:
- Regional Chairman of Hon. Consuls for West Africa comprising of 17 countries.
- Member of the FICAC Legal Committee.
At the African Achievers Awards held in Nairobi, Kenya on Saturday, 23rd February, 2013, Dr. Taiwo Afolabi was decorated with the African Industrialist of the Year Award as an acknowledgement for the unique work he is doing in his chosen field.
Dr. Taiwo Afolabi was a member of the Business Support Group (BSG), which provided the platform for anchoring the views of the private sector with a view to supporting the development of the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan (NIIMP). This is a 30-year long term planning tool for implementing infrastructure programmes to meet the peoples demand for infrastructure as recently approved by the Federal Executive Council of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Some years back, in memory of his late mother, Alhaja Ayisat Ajoke Afolabi, in conjunction with his siblings, formed the Ayisat Ajoke Afolabi Foundation to take care of orphans, widows and the less priviledged persons in the society. During this short period, the Foundation of which the major donor has been his company, Sifax Group, has extended its hand of fellowship to many Nigerians by payment of school fees, hospital bills and setting up of businesses for them. During this short time, Dr. Afolabi, through the Foundation, has received the following awards:
- Meritorious Diamond Award for National Development presented by Corporate & Media Africa Communications Limited in December 2008.
- Nation Builders Statesmanship Productivity Merit Award for uncommon stewardship, patriotism and meritorious selfless services presented by Global Monitor International Magazine on 22nd August, 2009.
- National Award for Excellence in Grassroots Leadership on his recognition as 2009 Most Outstanding Philanthropist presented by Grassroots Leadership Centre, Abuja in March 2010.
- Global Leader of Integrity Merit Award for courage in character, patriotism and humanitarian leadership towards the development of our country, Africa continent and the entire world presented by Integrity Media Communications in Accra, Ghana on Saturday, 28th April, 2012.
- The Sun Business Man of the year 2014 presented by The Sun Newspaper on 17th January, 2015.
Dr. Taiwo Afolabi is a sports lover, who enjoys watching and playing football.
He is happily married with children.
Agboarumi Basil Udukhokhe
(Fnipr, AIoD, arpa)
Basil Agboarumi is an enthusiastic and passionate professional, with more than 2 decades of experience with increased leadership skills and abilities in Aviation Ground Handling & Public Relations/management; demonstrating a strong background in government, corporations and nonprofit organizations.
Agboarumi holds a National Diploma (OND) in Mass Communication from the Federal Polytechnic, Auchi, a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mass Communication from the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, a Masters in Communications Studies (Mcs) from the Lagos State University, and a Certificate in Creative Design & Digital Communication from the School of Media & Communications of the Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos. He is an alumnus of John Molson School of Business in Concordia University, Montreal, Canada where he bagged a Management Certificate in Civil Aviation.
During his National Youth Service with the Kanji Lake National Parks, New-Bussa, Niger State in 1997, he authored a book, Borgu: Past, Present and Future, which chronicled the potentials of the Borgu tribe, in Niger State, Nigeria.
In 1999, Basil Agboarumi was mandated by the Nigerian National Parks Headquarter, Abuja to compile a book on the “Attributes and Potentials of the National Parks” in Nigeria.
Basil joined the Skypower Aviation Handling Company Limited, then a subsidiary of the Nigeria Airways Limited, as the Pioneer staff/Head of the Public Affairs Unit. After the privatization and subsequent takeover of Skypower Aviation Handling Company Limited by the SIFAX Group in 2009, Basil Agboarumi was appointed the Head of Corporate Communications, with a mandate to spearhead the re-branding of the new company (Skyway Aviation Handling Company Limited).
He was elevated to the position of General Manager in 2013, and thereafter made to head the Corporate Communications & Information Technology (IT) departments of Skyway Aviation Handling Company LTD, providing leadership for the day-to-day operations of the units. In 2017, Basil Agboarumi became the Acting Managing Director of SAHCO, a position he held till just before the listing of SAHCO in the Nigerian Stock Market.
Furthermore, in 2018 he became the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer where he led the company to become listed on the Nigerian Stock Market, branding the company from a private organization to a Public Listed Company of repute, increasing clientele and revenue to the satisfaction of shareholders.
Basil Agboarumi is a member of the Institute of Directors (IoD Nigeria), a Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (FNIPR), an Associate Member of the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (arpa), an Alumnus of the Pan-Atlantic University and an Alumnus of Corcordia University, Canada.
Basil, a recipient of various awards for his “distinct industry and outstanding contributions impacting positively on Nigeria’s Reputation”, is result-oriented, a good team player, motivator, with excellent people’s skill who has a successful track record in Leadership.
He is currently the Managing Director/CEO of the Skyway Aviation Handling Company PLC (SAHCO).
Mrs Boma Ukwunna
Mrs. Boma Ukwunna has 13 years cognate experience in the Maritime Industry, which has been within the Sifax Group of Companies.
She is a 1997 Graduate of Mass Communications from Delta State University Abraka. She also has a Special Executive Masters program in Business Administration (SEMP. MBA. June 2011 Class), from the University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom. She is a Fellow of the Ports and Terminal Management Academy of Nigeria (FPTM) and Member Nigerian Institute of Shipping (MNIS).
Boma served as General Manager Sifax Bonded Terminal ‘B’ with responsibility to oversee the administrative and operational activities before her transfer to SAHCOL.
Earlier in her career, she has been, Head of Administration, Ports and Cargo Services, Special Assistant to the Group Executive Chairman on Operations matter, Group Head Procurement, Group Head, Billing & Commercial at Sifax RoRo Terminal Apapa, Sifax Bonded Terminal and Ports and Cargo Handling Services, respectively.
Mrs. Boma Ukwunna, joined SAHCO in 2014 as the General Manager, Cargo Services. Her responsibilities in SAHCO include but are not limited to the day to day running of the Cargo activities. SAHCO’s warehouse in Lagos became RA3 certified during her tenure as General Manager. She assumed the post of Executive Director, Cargo Services and Operations on the 3rd of September, 2018.
Adigun Olaniyi Alamu
ADIGUN OLANIYI holds B.Ed. Economics from the University of Port Harcourt (1990) and a Masters degree in Business Administration (Marketing) – 1997 from Lagos State University.
He started his working career on June 23, 1993 with the National Carrier – Nigeria Airways Ltd. (in liquidation), as a Cabin Executive for six years and later moved on to the Airline Sales and Marketing department as a Marketing Officer having completed his six months Airline Marketing Cadetship from the Nigeria Airways Ground Training School.
In 2001, he was invited to join Skypower Aviation Handling Company Limited (SAHCOL) to start up the Marketing department of the company as a Marketing Executive.
In SAHCOL, Mr. Adigun has attended a sizeable number of professional courses both foreign and local.
- Station Ground Handling Management – IATA (Geneva).
- Dangerous Goods Regulation-(Initial)-IATA (Singapore)
- Cargo Marketing – IATA (Geneva).
- Strategic Marketing Management – Phillips Consulting (Lagos, Nigeria).
While in Skypower, he occupied various positions including:
- Cargo Officer
- Personal Assistant to the Managing Director/CEO.
- Assistant, Cargo Marketing Manager
- Cargo Manager.
- Station Manager, Domestic Operations.
- Regional Manager, Operations (West)
- Head, Corporate Development
After the acquisition of Skypower by Skyway Aviation Handling Company Limited, a subsidiary of the SIFAX Group, he assumed the position of General Manager, Sales and Marketing which he held till the 3rd of September, 2018 before he became the Executive Director, Sales and Marketing.
Mr. Adigun is happily married with children.
Dr. Babatunde Afolabi
Dr. Babatunde Afolabi is a graduate of Computer Engineering from the University of Ottawa, Canada in 2015. He was awarded Honorary Doctorate Degree, Doctor of Science (D.SC Hons) in Business Development and Strategic Management by the European-American University in 2019.
He commenced his career during his undergraduate study as a User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) developer at Kraneum Technology Boston, Massachusetts from 2012 to 2016 where he collaborated with design team members to define and develop new product concepts, performed minor software and interface testing, developed mobile applications and front-end for web applications; thereby demonstrating his mastery of different computer languages.
During this time, he also undertook an Industrial Training with Sifax Shipping Limited from 2012 to 2013 where he assisted in the management of the IT Department, including database hardware maintenance and technical assistance.
He subsequently worked with Sentinel Consulting Toronto, Canada from 2016 to 2017 as a Database Analyst following which he moved to Giatec Scientific, Ontario as a Quality Assurance (“QA”) Analyst in 2017.
He also has a number of personal projects including Chico Robot System (an environmentally responsive real time system using Eclipse IDE, C, C++, and Microcontrollers); Intellishade Blind System (a responsive real time embedded system that responds to environmental factors using PHP, Python, Java, HTML5); MenuBook (a web application for reserving restaurant place and ordering on menu before arrival using different programming languages and technology platform) and Hawker (a mobile application used to control subscription and retail marketing using geofencing.
Babatunde Afolabi is currently the Executive Director, I.T and Business Strategy of Skyway Aviation Handling Company Plc.
Bello Omolara Aramide
Mrs Bello Omolara Aramide was called to bar in November, 2005 and obtained an LLM in International and Commercial law from the University of Buckingham in 2007. She worked as an associate at Gans and Co. Solicitors before moving back to Nigeria in 2011 and had a brief stint as an Auditor at the Internal Revenue Lagos State.
From November 2013 to 2017, Bello served as the pioneer Head of Claims at Sifax Ports and Cargo Handling services limited (a SIFAX Group company) where she favourably negotiated a lot of contentious claims to the success of the company. She is an astute legal Practitioner who has been a recipient of numerous trainings and seminars on both the Nigerian and international platforms.
Bello was transferred to Skyway Aviation Handling Company Plc as the Head of Legal Services and Company Secretary in 2018.
She is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
Captain Shehu Usman Iyal
Shehu Iyal is a 1977 graduate of the School of Basic Studies, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria. He also attended Nigeria College of Aviation Technology, Zaria (formerly Nigerian Civil Aviation Training Centre, Zaria) in 1982 and was sponsored by the college to Rogers Aviation, Bedford, in the United Kingdom where he obtained Assistant Flying Instructor Rating (Procedures) in 1982. He subsequently left to the Air Wing of the Nigeria Police Force. He is an alumnus of London Business School, where he studied Aviation Management.
Captain Shehu holds a Commercial Pilot License and Private Pilot License which has culminated in an extensive flying experience of over 3000 hours including fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. He started his career at the Nigeria College of Aviation Technology, Zaria from where he joined the Air Wing of the Nigerian Police Force. He undertook various trainings in both rotary (helicopters) and fixed wing (airplanes) in America and Europe and was subsequently appointed as pioneer Commander of Air Border Patrol Unit, Kaduna of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in 1987.
After his graduation from London Business School, he was seconded to the Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) in the Presidency. Shehu is currently the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of AFRI-AIR international Ltd, a Charter /Aviation Handling Company and also offers Aviation Consultancy Services, which he started in 2001.
In recognition of his exemplary contribution to the aviation industry, he was appointed Special Assistant to former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Aviation Matters where he rose to the post of Senior Special Assistant in 2003 and subsequently served two (2) successive Nigerian Presidents during which time he was Chairman, Presidential Implementation and Monitoring Committee (PIMC), Hub development of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and Presidential Committee on Improvement of Airport Security and Drug Related Problems.
He was also a Board Member of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) and Chairperson of its Aviation Committee.
Barrister Kayode Filani
Kayode Oladipupo Filani Kayode graduated from the University of Lagos in 1991 with Ll.b (Hons.) degree. He was admitted into the Nigeria Law School in 1991, finished in 1992 with a B.L Degree and was subsequently called to the Nigerian Bar in 1992.
He started his profession as a lawyer with FAO Chambers in the year 1993 and was there till 2002 as principal partner when he decided to set up his own law firm in Lagos and Abuja with a property section as subsidiary of the law firm. Mr. Filani is a member of both the Nigerian Bar Association and International Bar Association and has, since his call to the Nigerian Bar over 20 years ago, been involved in a lot of ground breaking litigations which have taken him through all the courts of competent jurisdictions as well as general commercial practice.
He has been in active property and corporate practice and his vast areas of expertise include but not limited to company and commercial Law, Energy Law, Land Law, Aviation and Insolvency Law. He currently sits on the Board of various companies which include Skyway, KFA Investment and Property Company Limited, UK Jifex Nigeria Limited.
Dr. Oluropo Owolabi
Dr. Oluropo Owolabi is a Fellow of the Institute of Transport Administration of Nigeria and the African Institute of Enterprise Development and management. He holds a Higher National Diploma and a Diploma in Airline Management obtained in 1970 and 1978 respectively with specialization in Passenger and Ground Handling Services. He is also a graduate of Lufthansa School of Transport and Aviation (2003) and has a Doctorate degree in Sciences from the Commonwealth University, Belize (2015).
Dr. Owolabi has attended various trainings, amongst which are International Air Transport Association (IATA) Passenger and Skill Development, Management Communication and Leadership and Airport Management. He was also part of series of seminars in Passenger, Ticketing, Customer Services, Ground Handling and Airport Management.
Dr. Owolabi started his career at the erstwhile national carrier, Nigerian Airways Limited and had his first major assignment with the airline in 1978, as a team leader vested with the responsibility of reorganizing the airline’s operations in the United Kingdom. As a result of his outstanding performance, he was retained in the United Kingdom for a period of nine months. In 1981, Dr. Owolabi became the Nigerian Airways District Manager in Rome, Italy, a position he held till 1986 when he was drafted to head the airline’s operations at the Domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos.
In 1987, Dr. Owolabi was moved to the International wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport as District Manager, where he brought his vast knowledge and experience to bear in the formulation of the current security arrangement in Nigeria Airports, having served as a member of the formulating committee. In 1989, Dr. Owolabi was transferred to New York as the General Manager, Nigeria Airways, Canada and United States of America. In 1997, he headed the Task Force for revitalization and streamlining of the Nigeria Airways Operations worldwide aimed at returning the airline to profitability.
On October 1, 1999, Dr. Owolabi became the General Manager of Skypower, then a subsidiary of the Nigerian Airways. At the helm of affairs of Skypower between 1999 and 2003, Owolabi propelled the company into greater heights which included a reposition of the company for more improved service delivery through the acquisition of modern handling equipment, which led to rise in volume of operations, while the confidence, support and patronage of customers was also increased.
Dr. Owolabi has received many honours and awards, for his sheer resilience, astute business acumen, innovative skills, corporate excellence, and innovative approach to corporate turnaround. He has excelled in his chosen field of endeavor and has contributed immensely to the growth and development of the aviation sector.
Laila Jean St. Matthew-Daniel
Laila Jean St. Matthew-Daniel started her schooling at Our Lady of Apostles in Lagos, she went on to St Louis Grammar School, Ibadan, for her “O” Levels, and then Queens College, for her ‘A’ Levels, before going to the United Kingdom (UK) for graduate studies at the Cripplegate Institute/London Guildhall University. She began her career in the corporate world in the UK, and later Nigeria, before boldly taking the entrepreneurial step in 1983, by opening one of the ‘first’ indigenous Furniture Manufacturing Company, during the 1980’s as a result of Government’s ban on the importation of furniture.
As one of the premier female furniture manufacturers in the early 80’s to early 90’s, she initialized private training programmes for artisans in the furniture industry to boost Governments’ National Directorate of Employment’s empowerment efforts, and pioneered seminars for public enlightenment on relationship between stress and furniture ergonomics apart from winning various awards for unique designs.
She coordinated interior fix-outs from conceptualization, implementation, FF&E & execution of residential, Corporate & hotel projects and has won various awards for unique designs.
Dr. Bukola Bello Jaiyesimi
Dr. Bukola Bello Jaiyesimi Is an avowed Pan-Africanist, lobbyist, developmental and legacy strategist with a passion for mankind and institutional development. She started her academic journey in 1982 at St Luke’s Model School, Lokoja, she proceeded to Command Secondary School, Kaduna in 1988. Dr. Bukola Bello Jaiyesimi gained admission into the AUniversity of Abuja where she bagged a Diploma in Banking and Finance in 1995.
She relocated to study in Canada in 1998 and proceeded to Queens School of Business, Ontario, Canada and graduated with a BSC in Marketing in 2001. She went further to London School of Business and Finance, UK and she graduated with MBA in Entrepreneurship at The Institute of Transformative Thoughts and Learning Doctoral Research Centre (ITTL-DRC).
She is also a recipient of the following; Metropolitan Institute of Business and Management – Special Executive Masters in International Business Law (LLM)-2013, CGUI, Boston, Massachusetts – Doctoral Research 2017, Chartered Institute of Public Relations, United Kingdom – Diploma in Public Relations 2018.
Furthermore, in her quest for excellence, she has so far authored 3 books, mentored myriad of persons and institutions across the continent of Africa and held regular seminars, meetings, retreats as well as trainings and institutional program reviews. She has won many awards both locally and internationally and across different sectors.
Anogwi Anyanwu graduated from the University of Nigeria Nsukka as a Federal Government Scholar and the best graduating student in 1984. He also attended the Federal University of Technology, Owerri where he obtained Masters of Banking and Finance (MBF) in 1999.
He is an alumnus of the Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School) and hold the Certificate of Business Excellence from Columbia Business School (2015). He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and Honorary Senior Member, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria.
Mr. Anyanwu commenced his career with Deloitte Adetona Isichei & Co (Chartered Accountants) where he worked from 1985 to 1989 and joined Ecobank Nigeria PLC where he rose to the position of Deputy Manager before leaving to the erstwhile Citizens International Bank PLC where he worked from 1993 to 2006.
He subsequently worked at Spring Bank PLC till 2009 when he left as Executive Director to Mainstreet Bank Limited where he was Executive Director, Operations and Information Technology. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Minds Hrewd Limited, a position he has held since January 2015.
Mr. Anyanwu has attended numerous courses and workshops worthy of note, both locally and internationally and is a recipient of several awards and recognitions. He is currently the Chairman of Sprout Books Limited and a Director of Teresann Nig. Limited.