Who we are
Our website address is: https://sahcoplc.com/
Our Role in Your Privacy
If you are a visitor to our website we act as the ‘data controller’ of personal data. This means we determine how and why your data are processed.
- If you provide us with personal information about other people, please ensure you are authorized to share their information. If others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
When and How We Collect Data
From the first moment you interact with our website, we are collecting data. Sometimes you provide us with data, and sometimes data about you is collected automatically. Please read the information about cookies below. Here’s when and how we do this:
|Data You Give||Data We Collect|
|When you use the “Contact Us” form||When you visit our website.|
|When you contact us either via email or calls||When we contact you either via email or call.|
Types of Data We Collect
Contact details: Your name and email address
Data that identifies you: Your IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version.
Data on how you use SAHCO PLC’s website Resources: Your URL clickstreams, pages viewed, page response times, download errors, how long you stay on our pages, what you do on those pages, how often, and other actions.
How and Why We Use Your Data
Nigeria’s Data protection law means that we can only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a legal basis to do so. Here are the reasons for why we process your data:
- Legitimate interest
Improving SAHCO plc’s website
Testing features, using the “Contact Us” form, managing landing pages, data analysis, research, and in some cases using third parties to do this.
Marketing purposes (with your consent)
Sending you emails and messages about SAHCO.
Legitimate Interests Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests. These legitimate interests are:
- gaining insights from your behavior on our website
- delivering, developing, and improving our website
- enhancing data security
In each case, these legitimate interests are only valid if they are not outweighed by your rights and interests
Your Privacy Choices and Rights
- You can choose not to provide us with personal data and continue to use our website only.
- You can turn off, block or delete cookies in your browser by changing its settings. Yes, if you do this, you can continue to use our website.
- You can ask us not to use your data for marketing since we will inform you if we intend to before collecting. Nonetheless, if you inadvertently get a marketing email from us, please use the opt-out/unsubscribe feature available in the email.
- You can exercise your rights by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org You have the right to access the information we hold about you.
We will provide you with the information within one month of your request unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights). We’ll tell you if we cannot meet your request for that reason.
- You have the right to make us correct any inaccurate personal data about you.
- You can object to us using your data for profiling you or making automated decisions about you.
We may use your data to determine whether we should let you know information that might be relevant to you (for example, tailoring emails to you based on your behavior).
- You have the right to port your data to another service.
We will give you a copy of your data in CSV or JSON so that you can provide it to another service. If you ask us and it is technically possible, we will directly transfer the data to the other service for you. We will not do so to the extent that this involves disclosing data about any other individual.
- You have the right to be ‘forgotten’ by us.
You can do this by asking us to erase any personal data we hold about you if it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data for purposes of your use of SAHCO Plc
- You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your data. Please tell us first, so we have a chance to address your concerns.
How Long Do We Store Your Data?
We will archive and stop actively using any personally identifiable information about you within 6 months from the last time you used Sahco Plc’s website. We will delete your personal data from our archives no later than 6 years from the last time you used SAHCO Plc’s website.
Where Do We Store the Data?
The personal data we collect is processed at our offices in Nigeria and in any data processing facilities operated by the internet service providers
How Secure is the Data We Collect?
We have electronic and physical ways to safeguard the information we collect from you.
How Can I Block Cookies?
Third Parties Who Process Your Data